Achtung: dieses Event ist schon vorbei. Sie können sich nicht mehr anmelden.
Sourcing while respecting biodiversity: the case of food
Save the Date: 1st March 2018 (09h00-16h30)
Venue: Brussels, The Residence Palace (Rond-point Schuman)
The Global Nature Fund, the Belgian Federal Public Service for Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment, Université catholique de Louvain and IPES-food propose an exchange of ideas around food sourcing and biodiversity.
- Are you seeking to improve your supply chain for sustainability?
- Are you interested in improving biodiversity criteria in your standards or sourcing guidelines?
- Are you a scientist working on agriculture and biodiversity?
- Are you a policy maker in this field?
Then, this event is for you!
- The morning session will provide
- an overview of project results funded by the Belgian federal administration on a tool that aims at providing recommendations on sourcing while respecting biodiversity.
- new recommendations issued by the LIFE Food & Biodiversity project on effective biodiversity criteria for standards and labels for the food sector.
- The closed afternoon session will be entirely dedicated to technical workshops in order to get feedback and advice on these projects in order to insure they meet existing needs and realities.
You can find the full program as well as useful background documents here.
The discussions will be held in English and a lunch will be provided at the end of the morning session.
Attendance is free, but prior registration is required. Please fill out the registration form here.
Registrations are open until February 23th. Participation in the afternoon sessions is restricted to participants with a demonstrated interest in the field.