Activities in 2015:
- In 2015, the federal authorities launched an original and innovative initiative in order to inform and raise awareness among primary and secondary school children about various themes, including organ donation, via the Beldonor campaign. Since October 2015, a fully-equipped truck - the "Federal Truck" - travels around Belgium in order to meet students, teachers and the general public who are interested. It comprises a modern and welcoming space equipped with benches, a fun and interactive game for learning while having fun, digital tablets offering factual information and also a video booth / photo booth designed to receive the impressions of young people and encourage them to express themselves. The aim is to:
- encourage questions and personal reflection
- position young people with regard to this theme
- convey the message within the family unit in order to encourage discussions. Therefore, children become the ambassadors of organ donation with their parents, families, friends, etc.
At the end of December 2015, more than 77 classes and slightly more than 1,800 pupils had taken part in the "Beldonor" activities offered aboard the Federal Truck. Discover this campaign dedicated to young people: www.tuyasdejapense.be
- Organisation of the 7th "GIFT" national symposium for medical staff, nurses, transplant coordinators and transplant patient associations.
Activities in 2016:
- Faced with the great success encountered among schools, the decision was taken to continue the "Federal Truck" experience in 2016. At the end of 2016, more than 135 classes and slightly more than 3,200 pupils had taken part in activities.
The "Federal Truck" will continue its route in January 2017 in order to meet more than 7,000 pupils.
- Organisation of the 8th "GIFT" national symposium for medical staff, nurses, transplant coordinators and transplant patient associations.
In order to follow our activities direct, consult the Facebook page tuyasdejapense.be