Warning: this event is over. Registration is no longer possible.
The first event dedicated to the Belgium Builds Back Circular (BBBC) calls for projects will take place on 15 March. Ministers Zakia Khattabi and Pierre-Yves Dermagne will communicate the names of the winning companies of the first call for projects closed in 2022. They will thereafter announce the future launch of the second Belgium Builds Back Circular call for projects. With these calls for projects, the federal political authorities want to support innovative projects focused on ecodesign and substitution of chemicals in order to encourage the transition to a circular economy in Belgium.
Information about BBBC
Address and schedule
The event will take place from 10:30 to 11:30 at the Circularium (Chaussée de Mons, 95 at 1070 Anderlecht)
The event will be held in French and Dutch. Simultaneous interpretation (FR-NL) will be provided.
Registration and form
Participation is free but registration is required:
register by 9 March at the latest via the online form.
Programme (subject to change)
- Welcome (10:00 - 10:30)
Registration and distribution of badges
- Introduction of the day (10:30 - 10:35)
Ann De Bie, moderator and journalist at VRT
- The transition to a circular economy in Belgium and the outcome of the first Belgium Builds Back Circular (BBBC) call (10:35 - 10:40)
Zakia Khattabi, Federal Minister for Climate, Environment, Sustainable Development and the Green Deal
- Presentation of 4 inspiring projects from the first BBBC circular economy call (10:40 - 10:55)
- Launch of the second BBBC circular economy call (10:55 - 11:00)
Pierre-Yves Dermagne, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for the Economy and Labour
- The first lessons from BBBC (11:00 - 11:05)
Pierre Kerkhofs, Environment DG - FPS Public Health and Renaat Schrooten, DG Economic Analysis and International Economy - FPS Economy
- Panel: promoting circular production through BBBC (11:05 - 11:30)
Minister Z. Khattabi, Minister P.-Y. Dermagne, Karel Van Acker (expert jury member)
After the press conference, an information point is proposed to future candidates.
- Q&A about the practical aspects of project submission (11:30 - 12:00)
Project managers from the two administrations will be available to answer questions .
Lunch-networking (12:00 - 13:00)