Faced with findings of decline of bees, threatened by various factors, the policy-makers have measured the importance of risk management for pollination and the resulting benefits for our societies.
Protective measures have been taken at different scales of power. The Belgian federal government, institutions of the European Union and many instances of international governance have addressed this issue.
- Federal measures
- Protecting the animal health
- Policy for the reduction of pesticides
- EU Protection of animal health
- International measures
- Biodiversity protection and management
Initiatives undertaken by the authorities are most often covered under the following policies:
• the animal welfare and health policy,
• the pesticide management policy,
• the biodiversity conservation policy.