Let your Blue Flag wave on board as well! Sign the Blue Flag charter and receive a flag in exchange. This way you will be recognized as a sustainable boat owner.
- Buy your fire arrows from an authorized dealer (pay attention to CE marking and steering wheel marking) where recycling is already included in the price. Purchased, used or expired fire arrows from other suppliers can be delivered to Survitec (Vosseschynstraat 44, 2030 Antwerp, tel. +32 3 213 86 70, mail email@example.com or Sloepenstraat 13, 8400 Oostende, tel. +32 5 933 96 00, mail firstname.lastname@example.org, more information on www.survitecgroup.be).
- Be careful when refueling. Keep absorbent kitchen roll and an ecological cleaning product ready. Oil residues in the sea can quickly contaminate a large surface area.
- Are you a smoker? Keep your cigarette ends on board in an ashtray. Cigarette ends contain toxic substances and plastic. One cigarette end can contaminate up to 500 litres of water.
- Keep your fruit and vegetable remains on board and throw it in the right bin at the harbour.
- Ensure that the wind does not cause fleece sweaters, papers or other items to end up in the water.
- Spotted a seal? Enjoy this wild animal (at least 20 m) from a safe distance. Do not disturb other marine mammals, such as porpoises, or breeding birds.