Help us improve our performance
Are you not satisfied with the quality of our services? You can make a complaint
electronically by completing and submitting the online form available (by clicking on the following logo)
Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*). Please make sure your e-mail address is correct!
This form can only be used for complaints which DO NOT contain any sensitive or confidential information.
Sensitive or confidential information is e.g. the name of a disease, description of symptoms and pains, medical results, therapy and medication, etc.
An electronic form cannot guarantee full confidentiality of information. Medical information therefore need to be sent with your complaint by a registered letter to the attention of the Head of the Medical Quality Unit, MEDEX (Medical Expertise Office), Galileelaan 5 - box 2, 1210 Brussels. Your letter will be read and handled only by this medical expert or by a colleague designated by him/her.
Your complaint will be handled as follows:
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within 4 calendar days.
- Within 28 calendar days following the receipt of your complaint, you will receive an answer.
- For environmental reasons, the FPS will answer to your complaint electronically unless you choose otherwise.
- Your complaint will be treated confidentially. The information you provide will only be used for dealing with your complaint in accordance with the Belgian Data Protection Act of 8 December 1992.
- Your complaint will be dealt with according to the provisions of Belgium's Charter for a Responsive Administration
- Oral complaints. A complaint can only be made in writing (web form/e-mail).
- Anonymous complaints.
- Complaints made collectively. Only complaints made individually will be handled.
- Complaints relating to facts going back more than 12 months.
- Complaints relating to issues which do not fall within the scope of the FPS.
- Complaints about current legislation or about the Minister's policy.
- Complaints which are already or still can become the subject of an administrative appeal.
- Complaints relating to issues involved in legal proceedings.
Admissible complaints: examples
- You are not satisfied with the accessibility to the FPS (by phone, at the reception, etc.)
- The information (web site, leaflets, mail, etc.) you receive from the FPS is not clear or incomplete.
- You must wait too long for an answer.
- You are dissatisfied with the attitude of a staff member of the FPS (at the reception, during a phone call or a visit, etc.)
This procedure is separate from any potential procedure lodged with the federal ombudsman if you are unhappy with the way the FPS has handled your complaint.