Conference on “Sustainable substitution of SVHCs: How to move forward” (24 November 2017).
The ultimate goal of the authorisation process under REACH is to replace the substances of very high concern (SVHC) by suitable alternative substances or technologies.
The FPS Health, Food chain safety and Environment and the FPS Economy organized together a conference on “Sustainable substitution of SVHCs: How to move forward” on 24 november 2017.
This conference aimed to inform about the scientific, financial and collaborative tools that are available at both the European, national and regional level. During this day interactive discussions with the different public actors helped also to identify further needs for companies.
The presentations of the conference can be found here below (in English):
- Presentation of Denis Mottet (ECHA) - Introduction to authorization & How can/will ECHA support substitution
- Presentation of Marie-Ange Baucher (OECD) - What scientific tools are available to get you started
- Presentation of Erik Gravenfors (Sweden) - How does Sweden support substitution of SVHCs
- Presentation of Theresa Kjell (ChemSec) and Charlott Jönsson (IKEA Sweden) - ChemSec Marketplace for substitution benefit you?
- Presentation of Kathleen Goris (Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen) - What tools does the Flemish government have to support innovation?
- Presentation of Vinciane Grimard (Service Public Wallonie) - What tools does the Walloon government have to support innovation?
- Presentation of Wannes Libbrecht (Catalisti) - What support does Catalisti provide in Flanders?