The Superior Health Council is competent on matters related to public health, which have been categorized into different domains:
- Mental health: behaviour, addictions, psychosocial factors of public health, training of professionals, psychotherapy, etc.
- Physical environmental factors:
- Ionising radiation
- Non-ionising radiation
- Chemical environmental factors: chemical agents, pollutants, biocides and pesticides, etc.
- Nutrition and health, including food safety: novel foods, food supplements, nutrition recommendations, etc.
- Food microbiology
- Blood and blood products
- Cells, tissues and organs
- Infection control during healthcare
- Cosmetology and aesthetic techniques
- Public Health Genomics
These pages are only available in Dutch and French for the moment.