Each crew member must undergo a medical examination before receiving their navigation permit for inland waterways, for the transport of goods and people throughout Europe. When the boatman satisfies the strict conditions relating to his physical and mental capacities, he will receive a navigational ability certificate.
We are authorised to carry out this kind of medical examination.
You can be examined at the Medex medical center of your choice.
You must present the following documents during your medical examination:
- A valid Identity Card
- The proof of payment (if payment by bank transfer)
- The invitation to the examination
- Any other medical report relating to your level of health.
Examinations take place by appointment only: contact our contact center.
You will receive confirmation of your appointment by email or post.
The amount you need to pay for this examination is € 59,12 (rates 2020).
You can choose the payment method which is most suitable for you:
- On site, by Bancontact/MisterCash, Visa, Mastercard or Maestro;
- by prior bank transfer to the account of Medex (please bring proof of payment) :
- IBAN: BE 86 6792 0059 1350 - BIC: PCHQBEBB
- Recipient: Medex
- Address: place Victor Horta 40/10, 1060 Brussels
- Communication: your national registration number
Afin de pouvoir attester de la validité des certificats médicaux, nous publions lapour réaliser des expertises pour batelier au sein de Medex.
In order to certify the validity of medical certificates, we publish a list of approved doctors to provide expert examinations for boatmen within Medex.