You would like to enhance your knowledge on nanomaterials?
Below you can find a list of links to: positions of Belgian and European institutions regarding nanomaterials, inventories of products containing nanomaterials available on the market, as well as some information on ‘nano’-approved tests.
Information about nanomaterials present on the market:
- Inventories of products containing nanomaterials on the European market, by ANEC (The European Consumer voice in Standardisation) and BEUC (The European Consumers' Organisation): nano-silver (2012), nanomaterials (2010)
- Research report by RIVM (Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (the Netherlands)) discussing the usefulness/applicabiliy of a ‘nano’-inventory. This was done on the request of the European Commission. A list of products containing nanomaterials can be found in the appendix of this document.
- Inventory of the Woodrow Wilson Centre (products on the US market)
- nanowerk: website containing information regarding the market of nanomaterials and ‘nano’-related innovations.
- "The nanodatabase": database of products available on the Danish market.
- Report of the first year of registration of nanomaterials in France
Specific features about tests for nanomaterials:
- The OECD has developed test methods for nanomaterials, based on data available from selected nanomaterials already present on the market.
- Brochure 'national standards' of the FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-employed and Energy
- Federal report on the environment mentioning nanomaterials
- Federal Public Service Employment, Labour and Social Dialogue
- Belgian Safe Work Information Centre
- Role of the scientific committee of FASFC (Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain)
- Scientific metrology service of the FPS Economy
- Databanks of research projects in Belgium
- Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre
- The European Commission publishes a list of links to organisations and departments associated with nanomaterials
- OECD / Working group on engineered nanomaterials