24/07/2020 - The CAB Forum 2020 will be cancelled due to the COVID-19 crisis
23/03/2020 - Covid-19
03/03/2020 - CAB Forum 2020
SAVE THE DATE! This year's forum will be held on Thursday 22 October.
03/09/2019 - CAB Forum 2019
22/07/2019 - European Commission communication: Funding opportunities for biocides
The last working programme under Horizon 2020 (available here) has been published early July. It offers the opportunity to fund projects on innovation action on biocidal active substances/products used in facilities related to agricultural production and the agri-food chain (ex: rodenticides), with the view to substitute problematic biocides.
The relevant topic for biocides can be found on topic number SFS-04-2019-2020 part B of the tender.
The call for applications will be open as of 15 October 2019 on this website and the deadline for submission of applications/projects is 22 January 2020.
For instance, projects could touch upon the development of new biocidal active substances/biocidal products, but also the development of non-chemical alternatives to biocides.
To find this specific programme, please click on ‘SEARCH FUNDING AND TENDERS’ in the left upper corner. Introduce the topic number (SFS-04-2019-2020) in the white box below and click on the magnifier.
By clicking on the title of the topic, you will be redirected to this part of the website where you will find all the necessary information to apply for the call. Further information may be published on this website once the call is opened.
Only the most relevant proposal(s) will be selected for the topic and that cooperation between partners is highly recommended.
We would like to highlight that BE-CA on biocides is not responsible for this tender and the opportunity offered under Horizon 2020 Framework Programme. Therefore all requests shall be directly addressed to the European Commission.
17/07/2019 - List of authorised products
In order to accelerate the extension and the republication of an authorisation on the list of ‘authorised products’, applicants for a European authorisation are strongly advised to follow the recommendations below:
- WHEN SUBMITTING the European application in R4BP3, add the excel file ‘Statement on existing biocidal products on the market and new products in context of National and Union Authorisation’ stating in which member states they are already on the market + trade name + authorisation number:
- Submit the application BEFORE the authorisation date. After the ECHA’s verification the administration can immediately send to the applicant a request for payment of the required retribution.
- Settle the payment immediately.
09/07/2019 - Impact of BREXIT on biocides sector
After the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (and even if there is no transition period agreed with the Union), UK suppliers listed on the Article 95 list will be able to remain listed. This is provided that they have nominated an EU-Representative, which will be listed next to them on the Article 95 list. While some of the UK suppliers have already appointed an EU-Representative, the EU-Representatives will only be added to the Article 95 list once the United Kingdom has effectively left the European Union and, if applicable, the transition period is over.
05/06/2019 - Reminder
Pursuant to Article 11(2) of the Royal Decree of 4 April 2019, the registration, authorisation or notification acceptance expires on the date on which the (last) active substance has been approved. By this date, registration, authorisation or notification holders must apply to the European authorities and pay the required fee if they wish to keep their product on the Belgian market.
Therefore, on the date of approval of the (last) active substance, the product authorised in Belgium disappears from the list of authorised products and reappears on it after the European application fee has been paid.
16/05/2019 - CAB Forum 2019
SAVE THE DATE! This year the forum will be held on Thursday 24 October.
02/05/2018 - Royal Decree amending the national procedure and establishing the biocidal products registration procedure
The royal decree of 4 April 2019 has been published on 23 April 2019 and will become effective on 3 May 2019. This decree repeals the royal decree of 8 May 2014 laying down the national authorisation and notification procedures of biocides. As soon as the royal decree of 4 April 2019 becomes effective, these procedures will be replaced by the registration procedure. You will find further details in the section Professionals/National procedures.
14/03/2018 - Royal Decree amending the national procedure and establishing the biocidal products registration procedure
The Royal Decree amending the national procedure and establishing the biocidal products registration procedure will not be published before 31 March 2019.
25/02/2019 - Fraudulent emails
Fraudulent payment requests are currently doing the rounds via email. Do not comply with them.
We continue sending the official payment requests in accordance with the usual procedures set out on our website. If in doubt, do not hesitate to directly contact our service via the Helpdesk.
14/02/2019 - New instructions from ECHA in preparation for Brexit
ECHA has published new instructions on how companies should prepare for a ‘no deal’ scenario ahead of the UK’s withdrawal on 30 March 2019.
Subject to further developments, ECHA will open a ‘Brexit window’ in REACH-IT from 12 to 29 March, 24:00 hours CET (11 p.m. UK time) to enable UK-based registrants to make the necessary changes and transfer their REACH registrations.
- See more on ECHA website: Act now to stay on the EU market after the UK’s withdrawal.
- Step-by-step instructions on transfer of registrations from UK companies: How to transfer your UK REACH registrations prior to the UK withdrawal from the EU.
29/01/2018 - Royal Decree amending the national procedure and establishing the biocidal products registration procedure
The Royal Decree amending the national procedure and establishing the biocidal products registration procedure will not be published before 15 March 2019.
21/01/2019 - We will issue the demand letters for payment of the annual contribution very soon. In the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience.
07/01/2019 - Confirming one's registered user status in the Closed Circuit application
The Royal Decree of 16 June 2018 amending the Royal Decree of 8 May 2014 regarding the placing on the market and use of biocidal products states that users of Closed Circuit biocides have to annually confirm their registered user status by 31 December. However, this year’s confirmation deadline has been postponed to 31 January 2019.
In order to confirm their registered user status users have to log into the Closed Circuit application with their email address and password. They will not receive a confirmation email following the login. If the login has been successfully completed, the checkbox ‘status use’ in the company’s profile will be automatically checked and the confirmation saved.
Users are no longer obliged to draw up in the Closed Circuit application the list of products used but we highly recommend them to do so.
It is currently not possible to change the language settings in the Closed Circuit application as they are linked to the data stored in the Banque-Carrefour des Entreprises (central business registration database).
11/12/2018 - Royal Decree amending the national procedure and establishing the biocidal products registration procedure
The Royal Decree amending the national procedure and establishing the biocidal products registration procedure will not become effective before 1 February 2019.
07/08/2018 - Impact of BREXIT on biocides sector
04/05/2018 - Save the date Forum 2018
31/12/2017 - Modification of the fees and annual contributions
Royal Decree of 25th December 2017 amending the Royal Decree of 13 November 2011 establishing the fees and contributions payable to the Budget Fund for Raw Materials and Products
As from 1 January 2018 new fees and annual contributions apply. The main modifications are:
- Adaptation of the fees for European product applications: the new fees can be found in annex 2 of the new Royal Decree of 25th December 2017.
- Adaptation of the calculation of the annual contribution: the score that is attributed to a product and that forms the basis of the calculation of the annual contributions will depend on the biocidal product’s classification in hazard categories (H) in accordance with CLP legislation. Until now it has been based on the risk phrases (R) in accordance with Directive 99/45/EEC. That score will be taken into account for the calculation of the annual contribution due for the year 2017. The minimum contribution is raised from € 300 to € 400.
- Possibility to take more stringent action against infringements on the annual declaration or on the annual contribution: If the annual contribution is not paid or the annual quantity of biocidal products is not declared within 2 months of a registered notice, a more severe punishment will be imposed: the authorisation will be cancelled instead of suspended. Moreover late declarations of the annual quantity of biocidal products will be tackled immediately. To conclude, with a view to better compliance with the legislation, a possibility to check the correctness of the annual quantity declared is built in, with retroactive effect and including the possibility to punish infringements.