North sea publications
What influence does the sea have on our world and how do you impact the sea with your daily choices? Expanding your knowledge on this subject is essential. Through information brochures, videos and websites, the Marine Environment Service contributes to the development of ocean literacy.
Our little piece of the North Sea is one of the most studied marine areas in the world. Scientific research is important to monitor the state of the marine environment, to protect and restore it and to correctly assess the impact of certain activities. We regularly commission studies and draw up plans and programmes of measures.
Would you like more information? Then browse through our list of information brochures, films, websites, studies and programmes of measures.
Blue Leaders ondertekenen verklaring voor bescherming oceaan /
Les Blue Leaders signent une déclaration pour protéger les océans
- 30/03/21: Solutions for underwater noise from shipping
- 28/01/21: Protecting 30% of the oceans by 2030
- 8/07/20: Coronavirus brings forth a new wave of litter
- 6/05/20: Something moves at sea: a new marine spatial plan 2020-2026
Leaflets and flyers
Something is moving at sea. The marine spatial plan 2020-2026
The sea is teeming with life. How to protect and restore the rich biodiversity of our North Sea?
- www.theseastartswithyou.be: tips to protect the North Sea. You will also find movies and facts about our North sea and tips van BV’s.
Our studies and programmes of measures
- Belgian coastal waters river basin management plan (2022-2027) NL /FR + erratum NL /FR
- Federal Action Plan Marine Litter (2022-2027) NL /FR
- Management plans for Natura 2000 in the Belgian part of the North Sea (2022-2027) NL /FR
- Programme of measures for Belgian marine waters (2022-2027) NL /FR
- Scientific background report in preparation of fisheries measures to protect the bottom integrity and the different habitats within the Belgian part of the North Sea (2021)
- Conservation objectives for Natura 2000 in the Belgian part of the North Sea (revision 2021) NL /FR
- Study to determine the conservation status of de Vlakte van de Raan Natura2000 area (2021)
- Literature list studies Paardenmarkt (2021) NL /FR
- Inventory 100-year-old shipwrecks in the Belgian part of the North Sea (2021) NL /FR
- Evaluation Federal Action Plan Marine Litter (2021) NL /FR
- Monitoring programme for Belgian marine waters (2020) NL /FR
- EDEN2000-studies (2019-2023) NL /FR
- Management plans for Natura 2000 in the Belgian part of the North Sea (2018-2023) NL /FR
- Federal Action Plan on Marine Litter (2017)
- River Basin Management Plan for the Belgian coastal waters (2016-2021) NL /FR
- Conservation objectives for protected species and habitats under Natura-2000 (2016) NL /FR
- Programmes of measures MSFD (2016) NL /FR