The goal of this working group was to develop an e-learning platform in order to supply physicians, nurses and midwives with an online training. PPT presentations have been designed as basis for the e-learning. The following modules have been prepared:
- Module 1 – Organising transfusion in Belgium
- Module 2 – The transfusion chain: from donor to recipient
- Module 3 – Description of blood components
- Module 4 – Indications after blood transfusion
- Module 5 – Storing and transporting blood components
- Module 6 – Collecting blood samples for transfusion
- Module 7 – Compatibility rules and tests
- Module 8 – Administration of the transfusion
- Module 9 – Acute reactions to transfusion
- Module 10 – Deferred reactions to transfusion
- Module 11 – Transfusion incidents
- Module 12 – Emergency transfusion and optimal use of 'O' blood
- Module 13 – Neonatal and paediatric transfusion
These modules are only available in French and in Dutch.
The French and Dutch language versions of the PPT presentations of the various modules are available. The e-learning modules will follow soon.