Certain drivers must undergo a medical examination before receiving their driving licence. If the driver satisfies the medical standards prescribed by the law, he will receive a driving ability certificate. Once in possession of this certificate, the driver should report to the municipality, who will issue the driving licence.
We are authorised to carry out this kind of medical examination.
- All drivers with a category C, CE, D or DE driving licence, such as, among others, Bus and coach drivers, HGV drivers and drivers of camping cars weighing more than 3.5 tonnes;
- Drivers with a category A, B or B+E driving licence belonging to ‘group 2’
- Taxi drivers
- Vehicle-with-driver rental services
- Ambulance drivers
- Driving school instructors
- School transport drivers
Staff members who drive a company car and who transport colleagues do not require a medical certificate.
You must first choose in which Medex medical center you would like to be examined.
A urine analysis (glucose, proteins, blood, haemoglobin, drugs) will be carried out during the visit.
You must present the following documents during your medical examination:
- A valid Identity Card
- The proof of payment (if payment by bank transfer)
- The invitation to the examination
- The medical questionnaire filled out (see Personal declaration form)
- The report of the ophthalmologist of your choice, completed with the request form attached to your invitation, or the Eye examination form. This examination must have taken place at the earliest 3 months before the medical visit.
- Any other medical report relating to your level of health.
Medical examinations take place by appointment only.
Attention: Make an appointment with an ophthalmologist before requesting a medical examination at Medex.
Afterwards, you can make an appointment via:
MyMedex (New!): Make an online appointment via the secure online portal MyMedex. (Only possible with a Belgian ID or BIS number).
No access to MyMedex? Fill in the Request for medical examination for driving ability certificate and mail it back.
Are the above options not possible? Pease contact the Service Center Health (02/524 97 97)
You will receive confirmation of your appointment by email or letter.
The amount you need to pay for this examination is €78,88 (€ 65,19 + 21% VAT*, rates 2023).
You can choose the payment method which is most suitable for you:
- On site, by Bancontact/MisterCash and Maestro (Visa and Mastercard are available at the Brussels Centrum);
- by prior bank transfer to the account of Medex (please bring proof of payment):
- IBAN: BE 86 6792 0059 1350 - BIC: PCHQBEBB
- Recipient: Medex
- Address: place Victor Horta 40/10, 1060 Brussels
- Communication: your national registration number
* More information can be found in this news.
Medical Expertise Board (Medex)
Avenue Galilée / Galileelaan, 5 box 2
Service Center Health: 02/524 97 97 (available on weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.)